VacuBond® optically bonded protective glass significantly reduces the risk of glass breakages.
The optical bonding process closes the air gap between the protective glass and TFT display, using Opto a-Gel to connect both components together securely. Not only does optical bonding increase the vibration and shock resistance, but the gel buffers the energy from impacts and thus reduces the risk of glass breakages. In the rare cases the display screen doesn’t withstand the impact despite the Vacubond the gel will still ensure it minimises the formation of splinters, reducing any risk of injuries.
The example below shows a TFT display that has been subjected to a severe impact. The outcomes showed that despite the 3mm thick chemically hardened glass the frame was slightly bent, but the glass remained intact and not chipped. It was simply the bonding that became de-laminated. This could then easily be re-bonded, reducing any loss of expensive materials.
Alongside this VacuBond® optical bonding offers a whole host of advantages:
- Improved readability. The process reduces light refraction and increases the contrast significantly.
- No condensation or fogging. Moisture cannot penetrate as the process of optical bonding eliminates the airgap between the panes of glass.
- No contamination. As the airgap has been eliminated dust and dirt cannot enter.
- Improved strength and resilience of your TFT display. Using high-tech gel counteracts vibration and dissipates shock energy to the sides.
- Improved heat dissipation.
- Displays can be rebonded easily. Making it a more cost effective process for any necessary repairs.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your project requirements on +44(0)1480 411600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.